I am a qualified person – centred counsellor and I am here to help. I am also a bit of a bookworm forever reading and learning about new findings and research on how to help my clients.
I started my counselling journey where you are probably now too, as a client. I wanted to understand myself better, gain a different perspective on my living experience and in general, feel like I am in control of my life even when the world often suggests otherwise.
Prior to qualifying as a counsellor, I worked as a tutor to children with special needs, neurodiverse children, children suffering with anxiety, chronic illness, cancer. Witnessing their suffering made me even more passionate about mental health and gaining tools to help people get better.
I am registered with a professional body – BACP – British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy. I can also conduct a counselling session in Slovak and Czech languages.
I also love a good strong cup of tea and singing loudly in my car.
I worked as a volunteering counsellor for the Children and Adolescent Bereavement Services under the NHS.
I am a counsellor at the Rape Crisis Centre working with sexual violence and childhood sexual abuse.
I am a school counsellor in a diverse city high school providing counselling to children struggling with all kinds of problems.
Types of Problems and Clients I Work With.
- Low Mood
- Suicidal Thoughts
- Lack of Motivation
- Low Self – Worth/Self – Esteem
- Personal Developments
- Attachment Issues
- Relational Problems,
- Loss, Grief, Bereavement
- Self – Harm
- Sexual Violence
- Domestic Abuse
- Historic Childhood Abuse
- Problems faced by Adult Children of Alcoholics and Addicts.
- Problems arising from women’s changing life stages: childbearing stage, problems with conception, miscarriage; work and home life balance; retirement, empty nest syndrome, menopause, existential fears
- CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic counselling
- Online and Telephone counselling course via The Counselling Tutor
- CPCAB Level 3 Certificate in Counselling studies – Tresham college
- CACHE Mental Health Awareness course certificate – Tresham college
- CPCAB Understanding Substance Misuse Award – Tresham college
- CPCAB Level 2 Certificate in Counselling skills – Tresham college
- Introduction to Counselling studies – Tresham college.
- Safeguarding Children Levels 1, 2, 3
- Advanced Safeguarding Adults Level 2
- Safeguarding Extra 14 – The Toxic Trio: Help or Hinderance – Safeguarding in Schools
- Prevent Training
- Suicide Awareness training
- The Clinician’s Suicide Prevention Summit: Treatment Strategies to Inspire Hope and Save Lives – PESI
- UAVA Training on Domestic and Sexual Violence
- UAVA Training – Domestic Violence and Its impact on Children and Young Adults
- Leicestershire ACE and Trauma Awareness Training
- Coping with Risky Behaviours – Nottinghamshire County Council and Nottinghamshire Children’s Trust
- Sanderson Training: Heroin is My Mother, Alcohol My Father, Attachment and Attachment Disorders
- Various CPD workshops and events
- Master’s Degree in Linguistics (English Language) – British & American Studies (University of Presov 1998 to 2003)